- Reviews (0)
Advanced Topics in Power BI
Salepage : Advanced Topics in Power BI
Archive : Advanced Topics in Power BI
Course Download Size :
So, you’ve been using Power BI to create fundamental reports and dashboards and now you’re ready for even more advanced reporting…if so, this session is for you. In this session, you will learn how to extend your Power BI environment by incorporating tools such as Data Analysis Expressions, Key Performance Indicators, Hierarchies, and Apps and Content Packs, among others. By taking advantage of the tools and techniques covered in this session, you will be able to move beyond simple reports and dashboards in Power BI and truly leverage the power of this awesome reporting tool.
Basic Course Information
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List the steps necessary to create formulas using Data Analysis Expressions
- Identify the importance of Key Performance Indicators
- Apply appropriate security techniques to your Power BI reports and dashboards
- Identify the purpose of Apps and Content Packs in the context of Power BI
- Creating formulas in Power BI with Data Analysis Expressions
- Adding Key Performance Indicators to your Power BI reports and dashboards
- Managing security in Power BI
- Publishing your reports and dashboards to Apps and Content Packs for easy sharing with other team members
Tommy Stephens received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1992, he earned a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Presently, Tommy is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Information Technology Professional, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
During his professional career, Tommy has gained valuable experience in a variety of positions, including:
- Working as an auditor and technology consultant for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm;
- Leading an Internal Audit staff and managing a Cost Accounting team for a Fortune 500 company;
- Serving as a Chief Financial Officer for an international engineering organization; and
- Founding and managing his public accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a variety of small and emerging businesses.
In 1995, Tommy began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, he affiliated with K2 Enterprises, and in 2007, he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured internationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past twenty-five years, Tommy has presented over 2,700 educational sessions to over 70,000 participants throughout the United States and Canada.
Presently, Tommy resides in Woodstock, Georgia, where he enjoys an active personal life with his wife. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, running, and other outdoor activities. Tommy maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants. Additionally, he is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Advanced Topics in Power BI