- Reviews (0)
Blockchain and Emerging Technologies
Salepage : Blockchain and Emerging Technologies
Archive : Blockchain and Emerging Technologies
Course Download Size :
Blockchain and other emerging technologies will affect every industry and profession. For example, some products have already implemented machine learning and artificial intelligence to help you be more effective. Further, process automation tools are now available for small and mid-sized businesses. In this “how-to” session, you will learn about emerging technologies that directly affect business professionals. While many emerging technologies are not yet ready for prime-time, some of them are. With the cookbook approach used in this session, you will see how tools available now can help you and your team be more productive, efficient, and effective.
Basic Course Information
- List major emerging technology trends and identify their importance as it relates to accounting
- Illustrate how Robotic Process Automation is changing the landscape of traditional accounting and financial functions
- Identify major updates, strategies, and opportunities that include artificial intelligence and machine learning from leading software publishers
- Differentiate between the most useful emerging technology tools and implement practical solutions to take advantage of these opportunities
- Assess the potential impact of implementing an emerging technology strategy to improve financial and operational reporting
- Identify leading tools available today and the importance of facilitating the adoption of emerging technologies in your organization
- Emerging technology trends that affect your strategy
- Purchase guidance on what to approve and avoid
- Innovative applications for productivity and efficiency
- Interesting technology to test and consider
Tommy Stephens received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1992, he earned a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Presently, Tommy is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Information Technology Professional, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
During his professional career, Tommy has gained valuable experience in a variety of positions, including:
- Working as an auditor and technology consultant for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm;
- Leading an Internal Audit staff and managing a Cost Accounting team for a Fortune 500 company;
- Serving as a Chief Financial Officer for an international engineering organization; and
- Founding and managing his public accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a variety of small and emerging businesses.
In 1995, Tommy began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, he affiliated with K2 Enterprises, and in 2007, he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured internationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past twenty-five years, Tommy has presented over 2,700 educational sessions to over 70,000 participants throughout the United States and Canada.
Presently, Tommy resides in Woodstock, Georgia, where he enjoys an active personal life with his wife. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, running, and other outdoor activities. Tommy maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants. Additionally, he is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Blockchain and Emerging Technologies