- Reviews (0)
K2’s Paperless Office
Salepage : K2’s Paperless Office
Archive : K2’s Paperless Office
Course Download Size :
Would you like to find important documents in 10 seconds or less? Would you like to ensure that all your digital information is safe and secure? Would you like to improve efficiency in workflow? Of course you would, and with a little planning and guidance, you will be on your way to realizing these and other benefits associated with a paperless office. No one expects a completely “paperless” office, but reducing the amount of paper we shuffle can lead to tremendous rewards and in this course, you will learn best practices and proven processes for effective document management.
By participating in this program, you will learn how you can implement simple, inexpensive document management systems at an individual, work group, or small business level. You will also learn how you can implement more sophisticated and comprehensive document management systems – complete with automated workflow processing – that would be appropriate for larger offices and organizations. Your instructor will guide you through issues such as digitizing hard copy files, exporting and importing data from specialized applications into a document management system, key hardware and software considerations, and the policies necessary to facilitate a successful office. Upon completing this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of your options and a clear direction of how to implement your own version of the Paperless Office.
Basic Course Information
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define key paperless terms such as Document Management, Records Management, and Business Process Management
- Estimate the Return on Investment of moving to a paperless environment
- Create a Records Retention Policy appropriate for your organization
- Identify the three components of a successful document management initiative
- List key characteristics of Electronic File Cabinet solutions and Document Management solutions and typical costs associated with these systems
- Identify key hardware and software requirements for successful document management, including scanners, storage, memory, operating systems, and network considerations
- Describe key data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity issues and identify key vendors in this area and the solutions they offe
- Computer Software
- Document Management
- Information Technology
Tommy Stephens received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1992, he earned a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Presently, Tommy is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Information Technology Professional, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
During his professional career, Tommy has gained valuable experience in a variety of positions, including:
- Working as an auditor and technology consultant for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm;
- Leading an Internal Audit staff and managing a Cost Accounting team for a Fortune 500 company;
- Serving as a Chief Financial Officer for an international engineering organization; and
- Founding and managing his public accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a variety of small and emerging businesses.
In 1995, Tommy began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, he affiliated with K2 Enterprises, and in 2007, he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured internationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past twenty-five years, Tommy has presented over 2,700 educational sessions to over 70,000 participants throughout the United States and Canada.
Presently, Tommy resides in Woodstock, Georgia, where he enjoys an active personal life with his wife. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, running, and other outdoor activities. Tommy maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants. Additionally, he is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
K2’s Paperless Office